Saturday, January 26, 2013

Old movies and Me....

I don't know about you, but there is nothing more relaxing than lounging in a nice comfy chair, or couch... munching on something munchable.....or a drinking big mug of coffee, hot chocolate or tea, and watching an old black n white movie.

I know the arguments against, I have heard them before, 'Black and White movies are so boring' or... 'Not enough action' or... 'I don't get it'.



 For me old movies from the 1930's 40's and 50's are perfect, the violence was minimum, all the sex was suggestive instead of having to sit and watch people have sex in the movies today, which is just awkward.    I mean if you want to be a man's man who's better than Bogart or ... Cary Grant?  And the ladies wow.. Grace Kelly, Veronica Lake... seriously? Talk about hot!   If you want to know what 'cool' is today, look back then, those icons are the ones who 'invented' cool.

After watching HD and crystal clear digital videos.. 3d and every other piece of technological wonder... it is refreshing to sit back and watch that beautiful silver screen, the lighting... so rich.   Yeah, I'm sold.
So the next time you order a movie, try an oldie... give it a chance.