Tuesday, January 29, 2013

A Negative Post... Sorta


So I guess this is going to be a negative post ... although not really, more like a curious thought in the form of a blog post hoping to answer a question.  Yeah, just like that.
For the last few months I have been noticing something, while reading Facebook posts, talking to friends, listening to friends talk about friends and family, and family members talk about everything else.. that people seem very bitter and have allowed themselves to become very 'pessimistic'...
Now, I get that these are not the greatest of times, the economy being what it is, jobs being what they are, but this is also not the worst time in history either, so why all the hate and frustration?

I don't really want to turn this into a negative post, since it would kind of defeat the purpose, but I would like to know why so many people seem to be so angry about everything.   Most of the problems we endure in life are caused by our own decisions, myself included, we can't always change what happens to us but we can decide how we react to it.   I know, I know, sounds very 'fortune cookie-ish' but it's still true.

It really is all about perspective, you can choose to see things as challenges and decide to keep going no matter what, or we can all just claim to be victims and talk about how unfair everything is.   The important thing, in my opinion anyway is that we do what we can for each other, after all true happiness is not found in things but in how we are there for each other.

So keep smiling!