Monday, February 4, 2013

Superbowl - Not for me, Thanks.


Superbowl thoughts...sorry I've got nothing.

I never watch it.  Why?  I have no idea.. I've never been into watching 'Team' sports much, when growing up, I enjoyed playing Soccer, Football, Basketball, Street hockey, never on 'official' teams but with friends.  I've also participated in a number of physical activities like Rock Climbing and Snowboarding, many times.... but watching 'team-based' sports never really works for me.

I do on occasion watch Tennis, being a big Roger Federer fan, I watch most of his major games and occasionally I will watch female Tennis if there is a good game on.   The thing I do like about watching professional Tennis is seeing the whole inner struggle in the player vs. player and seeing how self-confidence will make or break a game.  Those players who beat themselves up over missing a shot, or get angry will ultimately lose, and those who can keep a positive outlook and stay focused emotionally rarely lose a match.   There is no backup, no replacement or substitutions if you can't hang you lose, period.  I don't see that in 'Team' sports, perhaps it's there but it's more about winning through good teamwork, which in itself is a good thing, but just not watch I enjoy watching.

I doubt I'm alone in this, but you rarely see people post that they are not into the Superbowl.... and I certainly don't think there is anything wrong with people who do enjoy watching 'team' sports.
It's just not for me.

So you can keep your cheesy, nipple slippin, crazy-ass- halftime shows and million commercials....with a whole 5 minutes of action until the next set of commercials.   No thank you!